Thursday, May 27, 2010

Vendor Spotlight :: Jennifer Bergman Weddings

I have had the pleasure to work with Jennifer of Jennifer Bergman weddings on a couple of occasions and I truly admire Jenn's precise nature in everything she does. Jen has the perfect mix of qualities for a wedding planner. She is thorough, sharp and creative. She has helped me style a reception stationery photo shoot when I couldn't be there and I feel any bride and groom can trust her with the details of their wedding. I got Jenn to answer some questions about Jennifer Bergman Weddings as well as some of her observations of current wedding trends. I love her thoughtful answers! For more information you can visit her website at: www.jenniferbergmanweddings.com

What makes Jennifer Bergman Weddings unique?
I have a background in marketing, and this helps me to truly “brand” a wedding from start to finish. I believe your theme and wedding style should be infused throughout the entire event – no detail is too small!

Who is the perfect client for Jennifer Bergman Weddings?
Couples who are excited about the planning process. I love to share in their enthusiasm, and it’s great when the couple has some idea what they want but are still very open to adding unique elements to their special day. 


Why is it important for couple to hire a wedding planner? 
Your wedding is probably the biggest party you’ll throw in your lifetime. You’re likely going to hire several vendors and spend a significant amount of money on the event – it only makes sense to hire a professional to oversee it all.
Even if you
do have the time to put into the planning process, it’s advisable to budget for a wedding day or wedding month coordinator. There are so many details and logistics to take care of leading up to a wedding – not to mention the coordination required on the day itself. You don’t want to burden yourselves, your mothers or your bridal party with that task.
 

What is your favourite part of planning a wedding? 
I really love getting to know my couples and working with them to design the wedding of their dreams. Each couple is so unique and I’m quite lucky to share such a personal journey with them. 










What are your sources of inspiration?  
Everything beautiful and interesting in this world. I love looking at architecture, nature, fashion and art for inspiration. I also love traveling and experiencing different cultures – I think it opens my mind to new and creative ways of thinking and doing. 

What are some of the current wedding trends this season?
1. Angled flower arrangements:
think Jeff
Leatham.
2. Over-the-top candy buffet tables
: they’re becoming more of a décor element than dessert!

3.
Paying more attention to accessories for the bride, groom and attendants: from statement jewelery to stylish socks.
4. Unique entertainment: some of my clients are in love with the idea of having dueling pianists
at
their reception to entertain
guests. I’m also doing a wedding with live caricature artists who will sketch guests and the drawing will be their take-home favour.
 








What are your favourite color combination's?
What a tough question. I definitely have a lot…
but a couple of my favourite combination's right now for weddings are:

Pink + Peach
+ Cream + Gold (romantic and feminine) and
Charcoal + Turquoise + Silver (modern and streamlined)

No comments:

Post a Comment