Tuesday, September 21, 2010

My Wedding Invitation!

For my wedding I created bold graphics in a black, white and yellow color palette. I was inspired by deco Palm Springs interiors and my favorite designer, Jonathan Alder. I challenged myself to create a simple package that was compact and tidy. My solution was a custom die-cut pocket which, from the front, appeared as a standard 5"x7" postcard style invite, but had a pocket on the back which housed the rsvp insert and reply envelope.

All pieces were printed on Classic Crest's duplex in solar white and epic black. To create a subtle black on black pattern on the back of the invite and rsvp insert I printed a double hit of black using a UV printer, which gave the effect of gloss foil. While majority of the printed invitation and rsvp were black and white I decided to make a bold statement by using a bright yellow outer envelope, complete with a 4bar reply envelope.

Instead of using a monogram I decided to use the word "LOVE" as our wedding logo which was applied through out the reception stationery. Keep checking back, as I will reveal more of the unique reception stationery details I created!

No comments:

Post a Comment