Tuesday, August 17, 2010

A Twist on the Pocket-fold Invite

As a graphic designer, I am always trying to figure out how I can create new formats for invitations. The pocket-fold invitation is a traditional format sold in virtually every stationery store. Trying to be different, I generally steer away from this type of invitation. It also bothered me that I was unable to print on these pre-formatted pocket-folds, which made me feel completely limited when creating a design! I do however like the fact that a pocket can keep multiple pieces of information together in a tidy package. So voila.. I created my own version of the pocket. I created this custom die-cut that can be used with any graphic artwork. Having the invite on the front and the pocket directly attached to the back also uses less paper than the traditional tri-fold pocket invitation.


No comments:

Post a Comment